- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 Tb. oil or butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 c. chicken broth (make sure it is gluten free)
- 4 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 inch (1 1/4 c.)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced 1/4 inch (3/4 c.)
- 3 sweet potatoes, cut in 1/2 inch chunks (3 1/2 c.)
- 2 potatoes, cut in 3/4 – 1 inch chunks (2 1/2 c.)
- 1 tsp. dried whole rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. dried whole thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs. sausage, ground turkey or ground chicken, cooked (optional)
Add the chicken broth to the pot and heat to boiling. Add the remaining ingredients. Return to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
If adding meat, cook and drain.
Remove the bay leaf from the soup and puree with a hand blender or carefully transfer in batches to a stand blender. Stir in the meat if using. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe from www.glutenfreehomemaker.com