Shutting Down

Shutting Down

May 17, 2010

Gluten-Free Fish Sticks

Coating suggestions (thanks to comments on my Facebook fan page the night I posted that we were having this for dinner):
  • gluten-free bread crumbs
  • tortilla crumbs
  • corn meal
  • ground nuts
  • corn starch & potato flakes
  • crushed potato chips
Ingredients:
  • boneless skinless fish
  • gluten-free flour, I used rice and sorghum mixed
  • egg, beaten
  • coating
  • salt & pepper
Cut the fish into sections and get all your ingredients out.  Combine the salt and pepper with the coating.
A couple of pieces at a time, coat the fish with flour.  It should be naturally damp enough that the flour sticks to it. 

Place the floured fish into the egg and turn to coat.  Place on the dish with the coating and turn until covered completely.

I chose to fry the sticks in my electric skill with a light amount of oil.  I don’t fry very often at all, but on this occasion I did.  You could also bake these in the oven at 450 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.  We ate them with tartar sauce.

Recipe from www.glutenfreehomemaker.com

Print Recipe